Impressed by story, Vijay Sethupathi turns producer
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi, who tasted success in the film industry last year, says he has turned producer with upcoming Tamil film `Aaranju Mittai` because of its impressive storyline.
"I chose to become a producer because of the film`s good story. There are no other reasons that forced me to take this step. I really liked the script and therefore decided to produce it on my own. I also plan to produce another Tamil film soon," Vijay said.
In 2013, Vijay scored two back-to-back blockbusters with films `Soodhu Kavvum` and `Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara`.
"I just wish to continue doing good films in 2014 as well. I have two good and different films lined up release," he said.
Vijay has `Rummy` and `Padminiyum Pannaiyarum` ready for release. He is currently working on a Tamil thriller tiled `Mellisai` with a debutant director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments
- Pawan Kalyan, Shruti Haasan's 'Katamarayudu' trailer packs quite a punch! - Watch