Impressed by story, Vijay Sethupathi turns producer
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay Sethupathi, who tasted success in the film industry last year, says he has turned producer with upcoming Tamil film `Aaranju Mittai` because of its impressive storyline.
"I chose to become a producer because of the film`s good story. There are no other reasons that forced me to take this step. I really liked the script and therefore decided to produce it on my own. I also plan to produce another Tamil film soon," Vijay said.
In 2013, Vijay scored two back-to-back blockbusters with films `Soodhu Kavvum` and `Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara`.
"I just wish to continue doing good films in 2014 as well. I have two good and different films lined up release," he said.
Vijay has `Rummy` and `Padminiyum Pannaiyarum` ready for release. He is currently working on a Tamil thriller tiled `Mellisai` with a debutant director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56