In `Ramayya`, Shruti Haasan not playing negative role: Harish Shankar
Chennai: Contrary to rumours that Shruti Haasan is playing a character with grey shades in Telugu action-drama ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, its director Harish Shankar said she will only be seen in a guest appearance in the movie.
"She is not playing a negative character, but I have roped her in for a special character. Since we have worked together, I was keen on working again. My concern to have her eventually led her to sign the film," Shankar said.
Harish and Shruti previously worked together in blockbuster Telugu action-drama ‘Gabbar Singh’, a remake of ‘Dabanng’.
In ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, she is paired opposite Junior NTR alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu. The film is produced by Dil Raju and is slated to release Oct 10.
Shruti is currently awaiting the release of Telugu film ‘Yevadu’, which also stars Ram Charan Teja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri Special: You simply can not afford to miss Arijit Singh's 'Maiya Teri Jai Jaikaar' – Watch
- Going for skin lightening, whitening solutions? Rethink
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside