In `Ramayya`, Shruti Haasan not playing negative role: Harish Shankar
Chennai: Contrary to rumours that Shruti Haasan is playing a character with grey shades in Telugu action-drama ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, its director Harish Shankar said she will only be seen in a guest appearance in the movie.
"She is not playing a negative character, but I have roped her in for a special character. Since we have worked together, I was keen on working again. My concern to have her eventually led her to sign the film," Shankar said.
Harish and Shruti previously worked together in blockbuster Telugu action-drama ‘Gabbar Singh’, a remake of ‘Dabanng’.
In ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, she is paired opposite Junior NTR alongside Samantha Ruth Prabhu. The film is produced by Dil Raju and is slated to release Oct 10.
Shruti is currently awaiting the release of Telugu film ‘Yevadu’, which also stars Ram Charan Teja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport