Initially Rahman was hesitant of accepting `Kochadaiiyaan`
Chennai: Double Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman says he was not confident about working in `Kochadaiiyaan`, said to be the country`s first performance capture photo-realistic technology 3D animated film.
Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin, `Kochadaiiyaan` features superstar Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles.
"In 2010, I was offered an English animated film by DreamWorks to be made using the same technology. But they told me that it will take them five years to complete it. I wondered how I could sustain interest for five years, but I understood the effort that goes into making such films," Rahman, who has composed music for the film, told reporters Sunday at the audio launch of `Kochadaiiyaan`.
"A year later, Soundarya approached me with `Kochadaiiyaan`, which was to be made using the same technology. She said she will finish the film in one year. Since I knew how much of effort goes into such films, I hesitated, but when I finally started working on the project and I could feel the positive energy and the commitment," he added.
Also starring Jackie Shroff, R. Sarath Kumar, Shobana, Nasser, Aadi Pinisetty and Rukmini, `Kochadaiiyaan` is slated to release April 11 worldwide.
"Like how we have Hollywood and Bollywood, I believe this film will open the door for south Indian cinema to create a new industry. I wish them all the luck for the same," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone’s 'Bajirao Mastani' to release in Tamil, Telugu
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Marathi actor Prashant Damle to get Dinanath Mangeshkar award
- Om Puri to be back in Malayalam films after 27 years
- Make music compulsory in schools, colleges: Ilayaraja