Initially Rahman was hesitant of accepting `Kochadaiiyaan`
Chennai: Double Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman says he was not confident about working in `Kochadaiiyaan`, said to be the country`s first performance capture photo-realistic technology 3D animated film.
Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin, `Kochadaiiyaan` features superstar Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles.
"In 2010, I was offered an English animated film by DreamWorks to be made using the same technology. But they told me that it will take them five years to complete it. I wondered how I could sustain interest for five years, but I understood the effort that goes into making such films," Rahman, who has composed music for the film, told reporters Sunday at the audio launch of `Kochadaiiyaan`.
"A year later, Soundarya approached me with `Kochadaiiyaan`, which was to be made using the same technology. She said she will finish the film in one year. Since I knew how much of effort goes into such films, I hesitated, but when I finally started working on the project and I could feel the positive energy and the commitment," he added.
Also starring Jackie Shroff, R. Sarath Kumar, Shobana, Nasser, Aadi Pinisetty and Rukmini, `Kochadaiiyaan` is slated to release April 11 worldwide.
"Like how we have Hollywood and Bollywood, I believe this film will open the door for south Indian cinema to create a new industry. I wish them all the luck for the same," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Kapil Sharma’s troubled ‘love story’ triggered fight on flight with Sunil Grover?
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Prabhas, Rana Daggubati’s ‘Baahubali 2’: And the countdown begins now!
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- ''Baahubali', 67 years later, has beaten the magic created by 'Mughal-e-Azam' on screen'
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic