Initially Rahman was hesitant of accepting `Kochadaiiyaan`
Chennai: Double Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman says he was not confident about working in `Kochadaiiyaan`, said to be the country`s first performance capture photo-realistic technology 3D animated film.
Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin, `Kochadaiiyaan` features superstar Rajinikanth and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles.
"In 2010, I was offered an English animated film by DreamWorks to be made using the same technology. But they told me that it will take them five years to complete it. I wondered how I could sustain interest for five years, but I understood the effort that goes into making such films," Rahman, who has composed music for the film, told reporters Sunday at the audio launch of `Kochadaiiyaan`.
"A year later, Soundarya approached me with `Kochadaiiyaan`, which was to be made using the same technology. She said she will finish the film in one year. Since I knew how much of effort goes into such films, I hesitated, but when I finally started working on the project and I could feel the positive energy and the commitment," he added.
Also starring Jackie Shroff, R. Sarath Kumar, Shobana, Nasser, Aadi Pinisetty and Rukmini, `Kochadaiiyaan` is slated to release April 11 worldwide.
"Like how we have Hollywood and Bollywood, I believe this film will open the door for south Indian cinema to create a new industry. I wish them all the luck for the same," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case