Kannada director Rajendra Babu dead
Bangalore: Kannada director D. Rajendra Babu died here Sunday at a private hospital after suffering cardiac arrest. He was 62.
"He suffered a severe heart attack this morning and passed away at M.S. Ramaiah Hospital. He was admitted late Saturday evening after he complained of pain in the abdomen," a source from the hospital told IANS.
Rajendra Babu, who had over 50 films to his credit, started his career as an actor and then moved on to direction.
Some of his directorial films include "Jiddu", "Yuga Purasha" and "Annayya". He has also directed a Hindi film titled "Pyaar Karke Dekho" starring Govinda.
He was working on a Kannada sports-drama "Aryan" featuring Shivarajkumar and Ramya aka Divya Spandana.
After hearing the news of his demise, Divya tweeted: "Really saddened. D Rajendra Babu sir was such a nice person. (I) spoke to him a while ago (and) he was supportive of my new responsibility."
He is survived by his wife Sumithra and daughters Umashankari and Nakshatra, who has already made cinematic debut in Tamil drama "Doo".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- Kanye West is a bit eccentric: Paul Mccartney
- Colin Farrell praises Ireland voters for legalising gay marriage
- Ageism in Hollywood is alive and well: Jane Fonda
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Iraq regains ground from Islamic State; mass deaths reported in Palmyra
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board HSSLC 12th Class Arts Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 10th SSLC Results 2015: Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly