Kannada filmmaker S Ramanathan dead
Chennai: Veteran Kannada film producer S. Ramanathan died Wednesday at his residence here. He was 83.
He is survived by two daughters and son Sudhish, who works as a graphic composer in the film industry.
"He was in hospital since the past one week. He was complaining of breathlessness, but since the past two days he was fine and was brought back home," Sudhish told reporters adding that Ramanathan died "peacefully while listening to music".
He said the funeral would be on Thursday.
Many film personalities from the Kannada film industry will travel to Chennai to attend Ramanathan`s last rites.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone’s 'Bajirao Mastani' to release in Tamil, Telugu
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Marathi actor Prashant Damle to get Dinanath Mangeshkar award
- Om Puri to be back in Malayalam films after 27 years
- Make music compulsory in schools, colleges: Ilayaraja