Karunanidhi, Illayaraja among others pay last respects
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi, party treasurer M K Stalin and legendary music composer Illayaraja were among the host of people who paid their last respects veteran Tamil film director Ramanarayanan, who died on Sunday.
65-year-old Ramanarayanan died at a private hospital in Singapore due to a kidney related ailment. The body, reached here in the wee hours of today, was kept for the public to pay their last respects.
Karunanidhi said no body could deny that Ramanarayanan was one of my brothers. "I could not even think a film industry without him. His death has left a void in the film industry", Karunanidhi told reporters.
"I extend my sympathies to his family, friends and brothers in film industry", he said. Meanwhile, Tamil film industry has cancelled all the shooting and post production activities as a mark of respect to Ramanarayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ Malaysia shoot schedule to start soon
- Megastar Chiranjeevi to star in Telugu remake of 'Kaththi'?
- Makers of ‘Brahmotsavam' spend Rs.3.5 crore for 'sangeet' number!