Karunanidhi, Illayaraja among others pay last respects
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi, party treasurer M K Stalin and legendary music composer Illayaraja were among the host of people who paid their last respects veteran Tamil film director Ramanarayanan, who died on Sunday.
65-year-old Ramanarayanan died at a private hospital in Singapore due to a kidney related ailment. The body, reached here in the wee hours of today, was kept for the public to pay their last respects.
Karunanidhi said no body could deny that Ramanarayanan was one of my brothers. "I could not even think a film industry without him. His death has left a void in the film industry", Karunanidhi told reporters.
"I extend my sympathies to his family, friends and brothers in film industry", he said. Meanwhile, Tamil film industry has cancelled all the shooting and post production activities as a mark of respect to Ramanarayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody