‘Kochadaiiyaan’ release pushed to May 23
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer `Kochadaiiyaan`, which was slated to release Friday worldwide, has been postponed to May 23 due to some technical issues.
“Due to some technical issues in dispatching large number of prints worldwide, the release of ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ has been postponed to May 23,” read an official statement from Eros International.
The film was slated to release May 9 in 6,000 screens, 10 countries and five other languages besides Tamil.
Besides Tamil, it was to be released in Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi and Bhojpuri.
Directed by Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin, `Kochadaiiyaan` is India’s first 3D animated photo-realistic motion capture film, jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Ltd.
All major multiplexes have stopped bookings for the film and those who have bought tickets will be refunded at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities
- Anushka Sharma says marriage is on cards!
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Cho Ramaswamy was a multi-dimensional film personality
- Sridevi posts an old classic pic with Jayalalithaa on Twitter
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters