Malayalam film producers` body plans TV channel
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Film Producers` Association is getting ready to try its luck in the small-screen by launching a 24x7 movie channel in the wake of entertainment channels in the state imposing regulations in buying the satellite rights of new movies.
The Association has formed a committee led by director-producer Vinayan to study the feasibility of the project, industry officials said.
The Association president G Suresh Kumar said, the aim of the project is to end the hegemony of regional entertainment channels.
"Channels are refusing to accept many of the films citing trivial reasons. Many of them are accepting only big banner movies with superstar cast. This largely affects those who take a medium-budget movie with ordinary actors," Kumar said.
He said not only producers but technicians and artistes of the Malayalam industry were also toying with the idea of launching an exclusive movie channel for some time.
The Association has also plans to join hands with its counterparts in south India to screen other language movies in its channel, Suresh said.
Many industry players have already evinced keen interest in investing in the channel, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56