Malayalam film producers` body plans TV channel
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Film Producers` Association is getting ready to try its luck in the small-screen by launching a 24x7 movie channel in the wake of entertainment channels in the state imposing regulations in buying the satellite rights of new movies.
The Association has formed a committee led by director-producer Vinayan to study the feasibility of the project, industry officials said.
The Association president G Suresh Kumar said, the aim of the project is to end the hegemony of regional entertainment channels.
"Channels are refusing to accept many of the films citing trivial reasons. Many of them are accepting only big banner movies with superstar cast. This largely affects those who take a medium-budget movie with ordinary actors," Kumar said.
He said not only producers but technicians and artistes of the Malayalam industry were also toying with the idea of launching an exclusive movie channel for some time.
The Association has also plans to join hands with its counterparts in south India to screen other language movies in its channel, Suresh said.
Many industry players have already evinced keen interest in investing in the channel, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case