Manju faces camera with Amitabh Bachchan
Kochi: Actress Manju Warrier faced camera after a 14 year gap by shooting for a jewellery advertisement with megastar Amitabh Bachchan today.
"I consider this as a second birth. My first shot was with Amitabh Bachchan sir. I took his blessings before the shoot and stepped in for my second innings in the industry`, Manju said.
The actress, who bid adieu to films after she married Malayalam actor Dileep, said she was very comfortable acting with Bachchan.
The `Vishwasam Athalle Ellam` advertisement of Kalyan Jewellers is being shot in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada and Manju will be teaming up with actors Nagarjuna Akkineni, Prabhu Ganeshan and Shivaraj Kumar.
The actress had started her dance performances of late, fuelling speculation that she would be making a comeback back to Malayalam films.
Manju has starred in films like `Sallapam`, `Aaram Thamburan` and `Kanmadam`. She won the National special jury award for her performance in `Kannezhuti Pottum Thottu`, the state award in 1996 for the film `Ee Puzhayum Kadannu`, in which she had acted opposite Dileep.
She had also won 4 Filmfare awards for South in Malayalam.
The actress declined to talk about her future plans.
Bachchan has previously worked with Dileep in an ad-film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017