Manju to act in ad film with Amitabh Bachchan
Kochi: After a 14-year hiatus, Manju Warrier, the diva of Malayalam cinema in the 1990s, is staging a comeback by starring in a jewellery advertisement film with megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
The advertisement is being shot in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada. Manju will be teaming up with actors Nagarjuna, Prabhu Deva, and Shivaraj Kumar in the film.
The shoot is expected to commence by early next month in Goa.
Manju had bid adieu to films after her marriage to popular actor Dileep in 1999.
Manju had begun her dance performances of late, fuelling speculation that she would be making a comeback to Malayalam films.
Manju, who had essayed various roles in films including `Sallapam`, `Aaram Thamburan`, `Kanmadam`, won the National special jury award for her performance in `Kannezhuti Pottum Thottu` (1999) and the state award in 1996 for `Ee Puzhayum Kadannu`, in which she had acted opposite Dileep.
She had also won four Filmfare awards (south) for best actress in Malayalam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films