Meena, Nadia join Telugu remake of `Drishyam`
Chennai: Southern actors Meena and Nadia have been roped in to play important roles in the Telugu remake of recent Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam".
The yet-untitled remake, to be helmed by actor-filmmaker Sripriya, will feature Daggubati Venkatesh as the male lead. It will be produced by D. Suresh Babu.
"Meena and Nadia have joined the Telugu version of `Drishyam`. Sripriya (director) is currently scouting for locations in Kerala for the film, which will go on floors from March," the film`s official spokesperson told IANS.
"Meena, who was a part of the original, will reprise her own role in the remake, while Nadia will be seen in the role of a cop," he added.
In Jeethu Joseph-directed "Drishyam", Meena essayed the role of a hapless mother to perfection. She was paired with superstar Mohanlal.
In the Telugu version, Meena will be seen with Venkatesh. Both have previously worked together in films such as "Chanti" and "Abbaigaru".
"Drishyam", which is about a father`s plight to cover up a murder committed by his family, is also being remade in Tamil and Kannada.
While Kamal Haasan will feature in its Tamil remake, veteran actor Ravichandran will play the lead in the Kannada version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56