Mugdha Godse keen to do Marathi cinema
Mumbai: Mugdha Godse wants to do Marathi films for the sake of the audience who stay away from Hindi movies.
The model-turned-actress is known for her roles in Hindi movies like ‘Fashion’ and ‘Jail’.
"I am definitely doing a Marathi film this year because I have got some really nice scripts. Being a Maharashtrian I always wanted to do something for my people and I know there are a lot of Maharashtrians who don`t watch Hindi films much, like my mom and dad," the 26-year-old said.
"They watched `Kahaani`, a Hindi film after almost four years... of course, my films they do watch. So I wanted to do a Marathi film for such people and, of course, bring them to watch my Hindi films also," she added.
Meanwhile, she will be seen in item number "Media se keh dun kya main" in Tigmanshu Dhulia`s ‘Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster Returns’.
"It was great working with Tigmanshu sir. I thought he is a serious kind of a man and I would have to stay very quiet. But on the first day itself he broke the ice and started chatting up," said.
"He made me very comfortable. He kept on complimenting me and that made me feel good. He is a great director, he knew what he wanted," she added.
The song has been sung by Paroma Dasgupta.
‘Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster Returns’ stars Jimmy Sheirgill, Mahie Gill, Irrfan and Soha Ali Khan and hits theatres March 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Veeram: Amitabh Bachchan unveils teaser of official theme song – WATCH, It’s intense!
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office