My son was in Mani sir`s safe hands: Karthik
Chennai: Tamil actor Karthik says he knew his son Gautham Karthik, who is making his debut with Mani Ratnam`s forthcoming Tamil romantic-drama ‘Kadal’, was in safe hands and that was why he never visited him on the sets.
"The day my son (Gautham) was cast in Mani sir`s film, I knew he was in safe hands. I didn`t have to worry at all. In fact, being a father, I didn`t even visit my son on the sets because Mani sir whom I also consider a father-like figure was taking care of him," Karthik said.
Gautham is cast opposite Thulasi Nair, another debutant and daughter of yesteryear Tamil actress Radha.
The film, which is written, produced and directed by Ratnam, also stars Arvind Swamy, Arjun, Lakshmi Manchu and Thambi Ramaiah in important roles.
"Mani sir casts someone only if he or she is suitable for a role. I suppose he found my son apt for the role in the film and I`m happy he got the opportunity," said Karthik.
The story of the film, which has music by A.R Rahman, is centred around the lives of Christian fishermen and releases worldwide Feb 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Katrina Kaif feels Indian male directors are open to emotions
- Ajay Devgn criticises his own dancing style
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better