Nagarjuna confirms film with Mani Ratnam
Mumbai: Actor Nagarjuna has confirmed that he has signed a Telugu film to be directed by Mani Ratnam. He says he is getting ready for one of the biggest challenges in his career.
"Yes, I am doing a film with Mani Ratnam with Mahesh Babu and I in the lead. And it`s in Telugu. Mani gave me a 40-minute narration, and I was clean-bowled by what I heard," said Nagarjuna.
How was Ratnam persuaded to do a film away from native tongue Tamil?
"Actually, Mani has done another Telugu film `Geetanjali` with me. I guess I bring out the Andhra side of Mani," he said.
The details of the film are still being worked out. But Nagarjuna says it would be a very ambitious film.
"Mahesh and I are coming together for the first time. Audiences would expect something special. At the moment, I`m focusing on the release of my family film `Manam`, which stars my father, my son and me. It is a legacy left behind by my father for my fans. And I am the custodian of that legacy," said the actor.
Nagarjuna is the son of late legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao, and father of young actor Akkineni Naga Chaitanya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic