Nagarjuna confirms film with Mani Ratnam
Mumbai: Actor Nagarjuna has confirmed that he has signed a Telugu film to be directed by Mani Ratnam. He says he is getting ready for one of the biggest challenges in his career.
"Yes, I am doing a film with Mani Ratnam with Mahesh Babu and I in the lead. And it`s in Telugu. Mani gave me a 40-minute narration, and I was clean-bowled by what I heard," said Nagarjuna.
How was Ratnam persuaded to do a film away from native tongue Tamil?
"Actually, Mani has done another Telugu film `Geetanjali` with me. I guess I bring out the Andhra side of Mani," he said.
The details of the film are still being worked out. But Nagarjuna says it would be a very ambitious film.
"Mahesh and I are coming together for the first time. Audiences would expect something special. At the moment, I`m focusing on the release of my family film `Manam`, which stars my father, my son and me. It is a legacy left behind by my father for my fans. And I am the custodian of that legacy," said the actor.
Nagarjuna is the son of late legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao, and father of young actor Akkineni Naga Chaitanya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Om Puri, wife Nandita opt for judicial separation
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Tamannaah excited, nervous to romance Prabhudheva in her next
- Chennai singer Shan Johnson passes away
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power