Nagarjuna confirms film with Mani Ratnam
Mumbai: Actor Nagarjuna has confirmed that he has signed a Telugu film to be directed by Mani Ratnam. He says he is getting ready for one of the biggest challenges in his career.
"Yes, I am doing a film with Mani Ratnam with Mahesh Babu and I in the lead. And it`s in Telugu. Mani gave me a 40-minute narration, and I was clean-bowled by what I heard," said Nagarjuna.
How was Ratnam persuaded to do a film away from native tongue Tamil?
"Actually, Mani has done another Telugu film `Geetanjali` with me. I guess I bring out the Andhra side of Mani," he said.
The details of the film are still being worked out. But Nagarjuna says it would be a very ambitious film.
"Mahesh and I are coming together for the first time. Audiences would expect something special. At the moment, I`m focusing on the release of my family film `Manam`, which stars my father, my son and me. It is a legacy left behind by my father for my fans. And I am the custodian of that legacy," said the actor.
Nagarjuna is the son of late legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao, and father of young actor Akkineni Naga Chaitanya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Going for skin lightening, whitening solutions? Rethink
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside