Nagma approached for Teja`s next
Chennai: Popular actress Nagma, who once ruled the southern film industry in the `90s, has been approached to essay an important role in director Dharma Teja`s upcoming, yet-to-be-titled Telugu project.
"I have approached her, but I haven`t signed her yet. We are still in the discussion stage and it`s too early to comment more on this. If she comes on board, then she will essay an important role in a unique love story," Teja said.
Teja, who is awaiting the release of forthcoming directorial venture ‘1000 Abaddalu’, says Nagma was the first choice for the character.
"She was my first choice because it`s the kind of the role I knew she would do justice to if she takes it up. I`m positive that she could pull it off with ease," he said.
Nagma was last seen in 2002 Telugu romantic-comedy ‘Allari Ramudu’, and since then she had become a sought-after actress in Bhojpuri.
Known for Telugu films such as ‘Killer’, ‘Allari Alludu’ and ‘Rikshavodu’, Nagma has also featured in Tamil hits such as ‘Baasha’ and ‘Kadhalan’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport