Nakul Jaidev prefers acting to singing
Chennai: Even though Tamil actor Nakul Jaidev has crooned chartbusters such as ‘Kaadhal Yaanai’, ‘Karka Karka’ and ‘Naaka Mukka’ in his decade-long career, he still prefers acting over singing.
"I always dreamt of becoming an actor and continue to live that dream. Singing happened out of obligations for friends and people whom I consider my well-wishers. Neither am I a trained singer, nor take it as a career interest," Nakul told IANS.
"Director Shankar made me a singer. He found my voice apt for one of the songs in `Anniyan`. Since then, I have been singing once in a while for most of my composer friends such as A.R. Rahman sir and Harris Jayaraj sir. I`m lucky that most of my songs have been very well received," he added.
Nakul has also crooned ‘Nakula’ for his upcoming Tamil action-drama ‘Vallinam’.
"I don`t even consider that I have a voice suitable for singing. I`m more or less a bathroom singer like many others, but I wonder what these composers find in my voice that they make me sing occasionally. I haven`t turned down any singing opportunity because it has mostly come from my friends," he said.
He has also sung in Tamil films such as ‘Ghajini’, ‘Vallavan’ and ‘Kandhakottai’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing