Navya replaces Meena in Kannada remake of `Drishyam`
Chennai:Malayalam actress Navya Nair will step into the shoes of southern actress Meena in the Kannada remake of recent Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam".
The remake is set to go on floors March 11.
Meena, who was supposed to do the remake, is currently busy shooting for the Telugu remake of the same film.
"Navya Nair has been confirmed for the role originally played by Meena, who couldn`t be signed because she has already started shooting for the Telugu version. Navya fits the role of a mother and a middle-aged wife perfectly.
"Regular shooting starts from March 11 in Coorg," he added.
While Mohanlal played the lead in the original, Kannada superstar Ravichandran will reprise his role in the remake.
"Drishyam", which happens to be biggest Malayalam blockbuster, is the story of a man`s plight to cover up a murder committed by his family.
Besides Kannada, "Drishyam" is also being remade in Telugu and Tamil. While Daggubati Venkatesh plays the lead in its Telugu version, Kamal Haasan will feature in the Tamil version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Massive crowd erupts at Vadodara railway station to see Shah Rukh Khan; 2 injured in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels