Navya replaces Meena in Kannada remake of `Drishyam`
Chennai:Malayalam actress Navya Nair will step into the shoes of southern actress Meena in the Kannada remake of recent Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam".
The remake is set to go on floors March 11.
Meena, who was supposed to do the remake, is currently busy shooting for the Telugu remake of the same film.
"Navya Nair has been confirmed for the role originally played by Meena, who couldn`t be signed because she has already started shooting for the Telugu version. Navya fits the role of a mother and a middle-aged wife perfectly.
"Regular shooting starts from March 11 in Coorg," he added.
While Mohanlal played the lead in the original, Kannada superstar Ravichandran will reprise his role in the remake.
"Drishyam", which happens to be biggest Malayalam blockbuster, is the story of a man`s plight to cover up a murder committed by his family.
Besides Kannada, "Drishyam" is also being remade in Telugu and Tamil. While Daggubati Venkatesh plays the lead in its Telugu version, Kamal Haasan will feature in the Tamil version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how