Navya replaces Meena in Kannada remake of `Drishyam`
Chennai:Malayalam actress Navya Nair will step into the shoes of southern actress Meena in the Kannada remake of recent Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam".
The remake is set to go on floors March 11.
Meena, who was supposed to do the remake, is currently busy shooting for the Telugu remake of the same film.
"Navya Nair has been confirmed for the role originally played by Meena, who couldn`t be signed because she has already started shooting for the Telugu version. Navya fits the role of a mother and a middle-aged wife perfectly.
"Regular shooting starts from March 11 in Coorg," he added.
While Mohanlal played the lead in the original, Kannada superstar Ravichandran will reprise his role in the remake.
"Drishyam", which happens to be biggest Malayalam blockbuster, is the story of a man`s plight to cover up a murder committed by his family.
Besides Kannada, "Drishyam" is also being remade in Telugu and Tamil. While Daggubati Venkatesh plays the lead in its Telugu version, Kamal Haasan will feature in the Tamil version.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'