Now US postage stamp on late Nageswara Rao
Hyderabad: The Akkineni Foundation of America (AFA) has announced that the United States Postal Service (USPA) will honour Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR) by issuing a postage stamp on the occasion of the late legendary Indian actor's 91st birth anniversary Sep 20 in Dallas, Texas.
"I'm deeply touched and so are other members of the Akkineni family by the issuance of this postage stamp, and I am deeply grateful for conferring one of America's highest honours to my father," Nageswara Rao's son Nagarjuna said in a statement.
"While my father has been cited many times as being among the most adored artist of all time, the recognition in his being portrayed on a US postage stamp will rank as a great honor. It is certainly a big tribute to Indian cinema and our culture," he said.
AFA also plans to release the stamp in India at the first International Akkineni Awards Ceremony, in the presence of his family members.
The event, hosted by AFA, will be held Dec 17 at ANR College, Gudivada, Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh.
The Padma Vibhushan recipient Nageswara Rao starred in over 250 films in his over three decades long career.
He passed away Jan 22. His last film 'Manam' also featured his son Nagarjuna and grandsons Naga Chaitanya and Akhil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Trisha Krishnan excited about ‘Saamy 2’ with Vikram
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?