Paul Cox to be IFFK Jury chairman
Thiruvananthapuram: Noted Australian filmmaker Paul Cox would head the Jury of the 17th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK), to be held here from December 7 to 14.
The names of other Jury members for the competition section had not been finalised. A total of 14 films would vie for the "Suvarna Chakoram` (Golden Crow Pheasant) award for best film, sources at the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy, organisers of the event, said here.
Cox, who had won several international awards, is known for his works like ‘Man of Flowers’, ‘The Nun and the Bandit’, ‘Innocence’,
‘A Woman`s Tale’, and ‘Salvation.’
A retrospective of his films would also be shown at the IFFK.
African, Latin American and Asian films are in the competition section.
`Always Brando` (Tunisia), `Terminal Trust` (Japan), `Today` (Senegal), `The Repentant` (Algeria), `Present Tense`, (Turkey), `Santa Nina` (Philippines), `Last Step` (Iran), `Nos Vemos Papa` (Mexico) and `Ivan`s Woman` (Chile) are the foreign films in the section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Nach Baliye 8: Check out this season’s celebrity contestants
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- Trisha Krishnan excited about ‘Saamy 2’ with Vikram
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?