People`s expectations rise after national award: Nagraj
Panaj: National award-winning director Nagraj Manjule says he is unaffected by the pressure of rise in people`s expectations after winning the coveted trophy.
"After winning the national award people`s expectations from me, as a filmmaker, may have gone up but I don`t take pressure of it.
"I will keep on working. I know my limits," Manjule, who won the Indira Gandhi award for best first film of a director this year for his Marathi movie `Fandry`, said.
As a filmmaker winning a national award should not make any difference, said the 34-year-old director. "That`s your appreciation and with it you should get strength, that`s what is being expected. But with the national award people start recognising you and they feel that you are doing a good job," said the filmmaker whose movie talks about untouchability and the stigma experienced by a victim associated with it.
Nagraj, who is also the scriptwriter of the movie, said `Fandry` was his expression of the experiences. "Through `Fandry` I have expressed my experience. You can`t call it as a frustration towards anything. Frustration is a negative word. I see hope through this film," he said, admitting that after the success of the movie, few things have changed for him as a filmmaker.
The critically acclaimed movie was released during the Mumbai International Film Festival last year and had hit the theatres in February 2014.
"It was commercially successful and completed ten weeks. It got good response everywhere even in places like Pune and Mumbai," said the director.
Nagraj`s next project is Marathi movie `Sairat`, the script of which is ready. The film will go on floors in by the end of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Actors are very small fish, say B-Town celebs on MNS threat
- MNS threat to Pakistan artists: Here's what Sushant Singh Rajput has to say
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production
- 'Thodari' release delayed in Karnataka