Pirated DVDs of `Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru` seized
Chennai: In a raid conducted by Chennai Crime Branch Tuesday, hundreds of pirated DVDs of Tamil comedy ‘Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru’ (TVSK) were seized from places such as Burma Bazaar and China Bazaar here.
TVSK, featuring Siddharth and Hansika Motwani, released worldwide June 14.
The film is doing well at the box-office as it reportedly collected Rs.10 crore in the first week in Tamil Nadu.
"As part of its ongoing enforcement campaign, UTV today cooperated with the Crime Branch Control in its raid against two targets namely; Mohd. Arone and Savarimuthu, dealers of pirated DVDs operating out of different shops in Chennai," said a statement from UTV Motion Pictures, the producers of the film.
"Both were arrested on charges of criminal counterfeiting. Investigations are ongoing to identify the source and locations of the manufacturers of seized goods, who will also be prosecuted as appropriate," the statement added.
A total of 180 DVDs of TVSK and 20 DVDs of ‘Settai’, which is also produced by UTV, were seized from the shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rani Mukerji, Aditya Chopra’s first baby expected in January?
- Difference of opinion creates rift between Kangana Ranaut, Vishal Bharadwaj?
- I think we have too many holidays in this country: John Abraham
- HC imposes Rs.10 lakh fine on Ram Gopal Verma for remaking 'Sholay'
- Pamela Anderson's dog 'committed suicide'