Pooja performed for Rajinikanth`s next movie `Lingaa`
Chennai: With his much-awaited `Kochadaiyaan` slated for release next week, superstar Rajnikanth today began formal work on his next film `Lingaa`.
The traditional pre-shoot pooja was performed at the famous Chamundeshwari temple in Mysore for the movie which will have Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Shetty of the `Arundhati` movie fame in the lead roles besides Rajnikanth, sources connected with the movie said.
`Lingaa`, directed by K S Ravikumar, would be the next project for Rajnikanth after India`s first motion capture `Kochadaiyaan`, which is directed by his second daughter Soundarya Ashwin.
Popular Kannada film actor and Karnataka Housing Minister
Ambareesh, his wife Sumalatha, also an actor, and Ravikumar were among those present when the pooja was performed, the sources said.
Oscar-winner A R Rahman will score the music for the film, the third project featuring Ravikumar-Rajinikanth combination, after Tamil blockbusters "Muthu" and "Padayappa". PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `Ae Dil Hai Mushkil` controversy: Pahlaj Nihalani lashes out at film associations backing MNS
- Birthday girl Parineeti Chopra comes home to an amazing surprise
- Shopping for children? Here are some essential dos and don'ts
- Box Office report: Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest grosser of 2016
- Producers Guild not to work with Pakistani artistes in future, MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'