Pooja performed for Rajinikanth`s next movie `Lingaa`
Chennai: With his much-awaited `Kochadaiyaan` slated for release next week, superstar Rajnikanth today began formal work on his next film `Lingaa`.
The traditional pre-shoot pooja was performed at the famous Chamundeshwari temple in Mysore for the movie which will have Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Shetty of the `Arundhati` movie fame in the lead roles besides Rajnikanth, sources connected with the movie said.
`Lingaa`, directed by K S Ravikumar, would be the next project for Rajnikanth after India`s first motion capture `Kochadaiyaan`, which is directed by his second daughter Soundarya Ashwin.
Popular Kannada film actor and Karnataka Housing Minister
Ambareesh, his wife Sumalatha, also an actor, and Ravikumar were among those present when the pooja was performed, the sources said.
Oscar-winner A R Rahman will score the music for the film, the third project featuring Ravikumar-Rajinikanth combination, after Tamil blockbusters "Muthu" and "Padayappa". PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? This Bollywood veteran is giving Salman Khan serious fitness goals - Pic inside
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'