Prasanna Venkatesan wants to go solo
Chennai: Tamil actor Prasanna Venkatesan, who has been only doing multi-starrer Tamil films since 2009, says even though he enjoys doing these projects, he wants to do a solo hero movie.
He has gone solo in Tamil romantic-comedy ‘Kalyana Samayal Saadham’ (KSS), his next release, and now he wants to do at least a couple of more such projects.
"I`m actually going solo with KSS after a long time. Even though all my recent multi-starrer films have been successful, I feel it`s time for me to do solo projects. I want to avoid these films (multi-starrers) for some time and concentrate on doing at least two solo projects," Prasanna said.
His last solo project was 2009 critically acclaimed Tamil thriller ‘Achchamundu Achchamundu’, directed by Arun Vaidyanathan.
In the last four years, he joined the ensemble cast of multi-starrer Tamil films such as ‘Naanayam’, ‘Baana Kathadi’, ‘Muran’ and ‘Chennaiyil Oru Naal’.
His upcoming two releases ‘Netru Indru’ in Tamil and ‘Bhai’ in Telugu are also multi-starrers.
"It`s been a great learning experience sharing screen space with multiple actors in the same film. I wouldn`t have done these films if I hadn`t got an opportunity to perform. I essayed roles with different shades in these films and I thoroughly enjoyed it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport