President, PM condole Nageswara Rao`s death
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday condoled the death of Telugu cinema icon Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
"An acclaimed Telugu film actor, producer and writer, Nageswara Rao shall always be remembered for his memorable films. His singular contribution to Indian cinema was recognised through a number of awards. In his death, the film industry has lost a creative personality whose contribution to Telugu cinema remains unparalleled," the president said in a message to the film maker`s son, Nagarjuna.
Nageswara Rao died early Wednesday. He was 89.
The prime minister said: "I was deeply saddened to learn of the passing away of Akkineni Nageswara Rao. He was a man of multiple talents and will be long remembered for his contribution to Indian cinema in general and Telugu cinema in particular."
"I convey my sincere condolences to the members of his family, his friends and well-wishers and to his countless admirers around the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better