Proud to be part of `Kalicharan`: Chandini Tamilarasan
Chennai: Southern actress Chandini Tamilarasan, who is making her Telugu debut with upcoming action-drama ‘Kalicharan’, is proud to be associated with the project. She says she is happy to have bagged such an important role early on in her career.
Set in the 1980s, ‘Kalicharan’ is based on true incidents revolving around the life of late MLA Erra Satyam.
"It`s a realistic film and I play a role sans glamour. I`m proud to be part of this project because it`s one of those roles very few actresses have attempted before and I`m extremely happy about it," Chandini told reporters.
"I can do glamorous roles any day in my career, but these roles don`t come often. I didn`t want to miss the opportunity because this was the ticket to prove my acting prowess," she added.
She admits bits of the movie are fictionalised.
"A part of the story is based on true events, but the entire love portion is fictionalised for commercial purposes. The love track in the film is so poetic that it will make people think about my portion over and over again," she said.
She is paired opposite Chaitanya Krishna in the film, which is directed and produced by Sri Prawin. It also features Pankaj Kesari, Kavitha Srinivasan, Nagineedu and Rao Ramesh in important roles.
Chandini found shooting outdoors very challenging.
"We shot most of the film in places which were reminiscent of the 1980s. We used to travel for long hours every day and shoot outdoors mostly. At times, one shot would be canned for the entire day because Prawin wouldn`t compromise on the quality," said Chandini, who also researched to prepare for her role.
"There wasn`t much of research required for my role but, I did basic research on the looks of women in that era. It helped me to understand few important things that I could incorporate in my role," she added.
She clarifies the film is not violent, but realistic.
"It`s a realistic film with all commercial ingredients. It`s one of those visually engrossing films, but not as violent as it`s shown in the trailer. The trailer was purposefully made so violent to attract attention and create hullabaloo around the film," she said.
Chandini`s Tamil film ‘Naan Rajavaga Pogiren’ released Friday. She is currently going through a few scripts and is likely to sign the dotted line soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody