Punjabi film `Anhey Ghode Da Daan` wins Golden Peacock at IFFI
Panaji: An underdog at the film festival, ‘Anhey Ghode Da Daan’ (Alms for a Blind Horse) won the prestigious Golden Peacock at the 43rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa Friday.
Directed by Gurvinder Singh, it was one of the 15 films in the international competition section which were vying for the Golden Peacock.
The other Indian film which was in the competition section was ‘Elar Char Adhyay’, a Bengali film directed by Bappaditta Bandopadhyay.
Earlier this year, Singh had received a National Award for best direction for ‘Anhey Ghode Da Daan’, which is his directorial debut.
Produced by NFDC, the movie had also won the Special Jury Mention at the 5th Abu Dhabi Film Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush