Raavi Kondala Rao regrets not completing Anjali Devi`s biography
Chennai: Veteran Telugu actor Raavi Kondala Rao regrets not completing his biography of late actress Anjali Devi.
Anjali Devi passed away here Monday due to heart-related problems. She was 86.
"I don`t mind if it`s called her autobiography because I was only helping to put down her thoughts into words. I was merely a stenographer. We have been working on this book for the last few years and I regret that we couldn`t get it published on time," Rao told IANS.
"I tried to find a publisher but things didn`t fall in place. Unfortunately, she is no more today. Now I hope to do it alone with the permission of her children. The book is still untitled and a suitable title needs to be finalised," he added.
Rao said that the book will encapsulate the good, bad and ugly anecdotes from Anjali`s life.
"Film personalities too have their share of bitter and worst experiences and Anjali was no exception. In this book, she has shared some very personal stories - good, bad as well as worst - from her life as an actress," he said.
A celebrated character actor, Rao has starred in nearly 100 films. Some of his best films include "Sobha", "Andala Ramudu" and "Pelli Pusthakam".
He recalls Anjali as quintessential goddess Sita on screen.
"For Telugu audience, if N.T. Rama Rao was lord Rama, then Anjali was their Sita. She literally lived in every character she essayed in her career. Be it a mythological character or of a hapless housewife, Anjali played them with ease. She was a gifted artist," Rao said.
His last meeting with Anjali was about six months ago. He wished he had met her recently.
"I met her about six months back in Chennai when I went to meet my son. She was perfectly alright then, but few months later she fell ill. I couldn`t meet her during that time and I wish I did," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tomorrowland' tops North American box office
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015