Rajinikanth `disturbed` by SC verdict against Sanjay Dutt
Chennai: Tamil superstar Rajinikanth today said he was "disturbed" by the Supreme Court verdict against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case but expressed hope over the appeals for pardon for the 53-year-old `Munnabhai MBBS` star.
"I was very disturbed when I heard my friend and a lovely person Sanjay Dutt`s verdict (by the Supreme Court). The current support and appeal for his pardon is giving me hope," the Tamil icon said in a statement here.
"I pray to god that he gets remedy and spends at least the rest of his life peacefully," Rajinikanth said even as many including Press Council of India Chairman, Justice Markandeya Katju sought pardon for Dutt with the Hindi film industry rallying behind the actor.
Katju had yesterday appealed to Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan to pardon the actor.
Dutt had met the veteran Tamil star recently while shooting for his film, `Policegiri.`
The apex court upheld Dutt`s conviction in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case for illegal arms possession but reduced to five years the six year jail term awarded to him by a designated TADA court in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say