Rajinikanth lauds film on organ donation
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth has appreciated the team behind the recently released Tamil thriller-drama ‘Chennaiyil Oru Naal’ (CON) for highlighting the importance of organ donation through the movie.
"We don`t realise the importance of our body parts after death. Instead of wasting these parts, if we choose to donate them, then it might very likely save a life. I congratulate the team of CON for making a responsible film on the importance of organ donation," said Rajinikanth in a statement.
The film, remake of Malayalam hit film ‘Traffic’, was inspired by a real-life incident. The story revolves around how the heart of a donor is transported to save a life within 90 minutes.
It was directed by debutant Shaheed Khader.
The film featured an ensemble cast of R. Sarath Kumar, Radikaa Sarath Kumar, Prasanna Venkatesan, Parvathi Menon, Iniya, Jayaprakash, Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, Mano Bala, Santhana Bharati and Suriya.
Talks are on to remake the film in Kannada and Hindi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch
- Aadarsh Balakrishna joins cast of 'Neram' remake
- Prabhas to double his weight for ‘Baahubali' part 2?
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Tamannaah excited, nervous to romance Prabhudheva in her next