Rajinikanth lauds film on organ donation
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth has appreciated the team behind the recently released Tamil thriller-drama ‘Chennaiyil Oru Naal’ (CON) for highlighting the importance of organ donation through the movie.
"We don`t realise the importance of our body parts after death. Instead of wasting these parts, if we choose to donate them, then it might very likely save a life. I congratulate the team of CON for making a responsible film on the importance of organ donation," said Rajinikanth in a statement.
The film, remake of Malayalam hit film ‘Traffic’, was inspired by a real-life incident. The story revolves around how the heart of a donor is transported to save a life within 90 minutes.
It was directed by debutant Shaheed Khader.
The film featured an ensemble cast of R. Sarath Kumar, Radikaa Sarath Kumar, Prasanna Venkatesan, Parvathi Menon, Iniya, Jayaprakash, Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, Mano Bala, Santhana Bharati and Suriya.
Talks are on to remake the film in Kannada and Hindi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur dances to Salman Khan's song in style! - Watch
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport