Rajinikanth lauds film on organ donation
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth has appreciated the team behind the recently released Tamil thriller-drama ‘Chennaiyil Oru Naal’ (CON) for highlighting the importance of organ donation through the movie.
"We don`t realise the importance of our body parts after death. Instead of wasting these parts, if we choose to donate them, then it might very likely save a life. I congratulate the team of CON for making a responsible film on the importance of organ donation," said Rajinikanth in a statement.
The film, remake of Malayalam hit film ‘Traffic’, was inspired by a real-life incident. The story revolves around how the heart of a donor is transported to save a life within 90 minutes.
It was directed by debutant Shaheed Khader.
The film featured an ensemble cast of R. Sarath Kumar, Radikaa Sarath Kumar, Prasanna Venkatesan, Parvathi Menon, Iniya, Jayaprakash, Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, Mano Bala, Santhana Bharati and Suriya.
Talks are on to remake the film in Kannada and Hindi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better