Rajinikanth`s `Lingaa` launched
Mysore: Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil film ‘Lingaa’ was officially launched here Friday with a customary puja on the occasion of Akshaya Trithiya.
Rajinikanth, along with the film`s director K.S. Ravikumar, were present at the event.
Clad in a white silk dhoti and shirt, Rajini was also joined by his friend and Kannada superstar Ambareesh and his wife Sumalatha at the launch, which took place inside the premises of the famous Chamundeshwari Temple.
"The film has been officially launched and the regular shooting is expected to start in a few days," a source from the film`s unit said.
Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Shetty will be playing the female leads in the film, for which double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman will compose the tunes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?