Rajinikanth’s `Kochadaiiyaan` to release on his birthday
Superstar Rajinikanth’s magnum opus will release on his birthday this year
Fans of Rajinikanth are in for a grand treat on their Thalaivar’s birthday this year. For, the Superstar’s magnum opus `Kochadaiiyaan` will hit the screens on December 12.
“My ambition has always been to immortalise my father and bring the legendary Rajinikanth that audiences around the world adore in an ‘avatar’ he hasn’t been seen or experienced in ever before” Soundarya Ashwin Rajinikanth, the director of the movie, said in a statement today.
The film is the first in India to be made on 3D using performance capturing technology. “Through the use of this path-breaking technology, I have been able to have unlimited creativity on all grounds. I was also able to de-age certain characters including my father and it was a delight to see him on screen as I remembered him when I was growing up,” she said.
Meanwhile, a single from the movie, composed by AR Rahman and crooned by S P Balasubramaniam, will be released on October 7. Sony Music has acquired the music rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Nach Baliye 8: Check out this season’s celebrity contestants
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- Trisha Krishnan excited about ‘Saamy 2’ with Vikram
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?