Rajnikanth`s Kochadaiiyaan to be released worldwide on Apr 11
Chennai: Tamil `Superstar` Rajnikanth`s multi-lingual film `Kochadaiiyaan` will release worldwide on April 11, the film`s producers announced today.
Shot using Photorealistic Peformance Capture technology, earlier used in Hollywood superhit "Avataar", the film is an "epic dramatisation" of good versus evil, producer Eros International Media Ltd said in a statement.
The film will be the superstar`s first venture after his recovery from a reported kidney ailment and is directed by his daughter Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin.
The star cast includes Deepika Padukone, Shobana, R Sharath Kumar, Aadhi and many others. A R Rahman has scored the music.
"For the first time, a full length feature has been made using Peformance Capture technology in India and I truly hope this creates a whole alternate film avenue apart from live action films in our country," Soundarya said.
The film will release in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6000 screens, Sunil Lulla, MD, Eros International Media Ltd said.
"We are releasing an English version internationally as well," Lulla added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport