Rajnikanth’s `Robot` hit with cine goers in Japan
Kuala Lumpur: Indian superstar Rajnikanth’s blockbuster film ‘Robot’ was released to an overwhelming response in Japan recently.
According to a report by Makkal Osai, Japanese moviegoers love the 61-year-old actor’s films and he is well known there through his earlier film ‘Muthu’.
‘Robot’ is a dubbed version of the Tamil movie titled ‘Endhiran’. It was simultaneously released in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil last year.
In the movie, Rajnikanth plays two roles, of a scientist and the robot that he develops.
To suit the Japanese market, the film was initially edited to two hours, but due to the unexpected good response, the original three-hour film is now being screened at over 1,300 cinemas in the country, the Star Online reported.
The flick is competing with the mainstream Japanese films and its songs Irumbile and Naina Miley have become a huge hit among young Japanese despite the language divide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!
- Salman Khan Arms Act case acquittal: Shah Rukh Khan to meet close friend?
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's 'automatic chemistry' will surprise you—Watch 'Kaabil' making video!
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport