Rajnikanth’s `Robot` hit with cine goers in Japan
Kuala Lumpur: Indian superstar Rajnikanth’s blockbuster film ‘Robot’ was released to an overwhelming response in Japan recently.
According to a report by Makkal Osai, Japanese moviegoers love the 61-year-old actor’s films and he is well known there through his earlier film ‘Muthu’.
‘Robot’ is a dubbed version of the Tamil movie titled ‘Endhiran’. It was simultaneously released in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil last year.
In the movie, Rajnikanth plays two roles, of a scientist and the robot that he develops.
To suit the Japanese market, the film was initially edited to two hours, but due to the unexpected good response, the original three-hour film is now being screened at over 1,300 cinemas in the country, the Star Online reported.
The flick is competing with the mainstream Japanese films and its songs Irumbile and Naina Miley have become a huge hit among young Japanese despite the language divide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nidhhi Agerwal to be on strict diet for 'Munna Michael'
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- 'Pink' box office collection! Amitabh Bachchan starrer courtroom drama inching towards Rs 60 cr
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story movie review: Sushant Singh Rajput, the actor, has finally arrived!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside