Rajnikanth’s `Robot` hit with cine goers in Japan
Kuala Lumpur: Indian superstar Rajnikanth’s blockbuster film ‘Robot’ was released to an overwhelming response in Japan recently.
According to a report by Makkal Osai, Japanese moviegoers love the 61-year-old actor’s films and he is well known there through his earlier film ‘Muthu’.
‘Robot’ is a dubbed version of the Tamil movie titled ‘Endhiran’. It was simultaneously released in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil last year.
In the movie, Rajnikanth plays two roles, of a scientist and the robot that he develops.
To suit the Japanese market, the film was initially edited to two hours, but due to the unexpected good response, the original three-hour film is now being screened at over 1,300 cinemas in the country, the Star Online reported.
The flick is competing with the mainstream Japanese films and its songs Irumbile and Naina Miley have become a huge hit among young Japanese despite the language divide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside