Richard Gere, Mammootty to share red carpet in Abu Dhabi
New Delhi: Malayalam superstar Mammootty and Hollywood icon Richard Gere will share the red carpet on the opening night of the Abu Dhabi Film Festival.
The sixth edition of the festival will run Oct 11-20, with the screening of 81 feature length films and 84 short films representing 48 countries.
Gere`s hit movie "Arbitrage", co-starring Nate Parker will open the 10-day extravaganza. Gere and Parker will walk the red carpet, along with one of the film`s executive producers, Mohammed Al Turki from Saudi Arabia and director, Nicholas Jarecki.
Also attending opening night will be Indian actor-producer Mammootty and Iranian actress, Golshifteh Farahani, among others, said a statement issued Tuesday.
The festival will witness other red carpet premieres, master classes and workshops by regional and international film experts.
Two Lifetime Achievement Awards will be awarded this year. One will be awarded to Egyptian screen legend Sawsan Badr, and the other to Italian film star Claudia Cardinale.
The festival will have a spotlight on South Korea, with six great films and a celebration of the 50th anniversary of Algerian independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan