Rituparno wrapped up `Satyanweshi` shoot before death
New Delhi: Acclaimed filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh, whose sudden death Thursday has the left everyone in a state of shock, had finished filming ‘Satyanweshi’, based on popular Bengali sleuth Byomkesh Bakshi.
"Wrapped up the shoot of `Satyanweshi`, a crime thriller in the molten glow of the pensive falling afternoon," Ghosh, who described himself as ‘A BAD student of Cinema’ on micro-blogging site Twitter, had posted in one of his last tweets May 28.
In his last public tweet, the National Award winning filmmaker posted: "Surprising that the brooding prince of Indian cinema - Guru Dutt, stayed in the same palatial mansion to film his `Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam`."
Ghosh was suffering from pancreatitis and he died of a cardiac arrest in Kolkata early Thursday morning.
His project ‘Satyanweshi’, produced by Shree Venkatesh Films, features filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh as Byomkesh Bakshi.
Sujoy, who had directed ‘Kahaani’, was shocked at the news of death of one of his most admired filmmakers. He is heading to Kolkata to pay his last respects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Amar Singh a friend, has right to say anything: Amitabh Bachchan
- My soul will receive peace that Sarabjit gave me 'kandha': Dalbir to Randeep Hooda
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Only ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth can do this – Know what it is
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written