Savitha Reddy to dub for Deepika in `Kochadaiyaan`
Mumbai: South Indian dubbing artist Savitha Reddy will dub for Deepika Padukone for Rajinikanth’s forthcoming Tamil film ‘Kochadaiyaan - The Legend’.
Director Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin says that Reddy was the best choice for the actress` voice.
"Savitha has a very versatile tone to her voice and she is adept in tuning her chords to elicit the desired performance. Whether Deepika’s character had to ooze grace and elegance, or dramatic prowess and zest, Savitha is a perfect performer," Ashwin said in a statement.
This is not the first time Reddy is dubbing for a Bollywood actress. She has dubbed for Aishwarya Rai`s character in the film ‘Jeans’ and Tamil film ‘Enthiran’. She has also lent her voice to other Hindi film actresses such as Genelia D’Souza.
Southern megastar Rajinikanth performs a dual role with Deepika in the film. The rest of the cast for the film includes Jackie Shroff and R. Sarathkumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ