Savitha Reddy to dub for Deepika in `Kochadaiyaan`
Mumbai: South Indian dubbing artist Savitha Reddy will dub for Deepika Padukone for Rajinikanth’s forthcoming Tamil film ‘Kochadaiyaan - The Legend’.
Director Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin says that Reddy was the best choice for the actress` voice.
"Savitha has a very versatile tone to her voice and she is adept in tuning her chords to elicit the desired performance. Whether Deepika’s character had to ooze grace and elegance, or dramatic prowess and zest, Savitha is a perfect performer," Ashwin said in a statement.
This is not the first time Reddy is dubbing for a Bollywood actress. She has dubbed for Aishwarya Rai`s character in the film ‘Jeans’ and Tamil film ‘Enthiran’. She has also lent her voice to other Hindi film actresses such as Genelia D’Souza.
Southern megastar Rajinikanth performs a dual role with Deepika in the film. The rest of the cast for the film includes Jackie Shroff and R. Sarathkumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56