Savitha Reddy to dub for Deepika in `Kochadaiyaan`
Mumbai: South Indian dubbing artist Savitha Reddy will dub for Deepika Padukone for Rajinikanth’s forthcoming Tamil film ‘Kochadaiyaan - The Legend’.
Director Soundarya Rajnikanth Ashwin says that Reddy was the best choice for the actress` voice.
"Savitha has a very versatile tone to her voice and she is adept in tuning her chords to elicit the desired performance. Whether Deepika’s character had to ooze grace and elegance, or dramatic prowess and zest, Savitha is a perfect performer," Ashwin said in a statement.
This is not the first time Reddy is dubbing for a Bollywood actress. She has dubbed for Aishwarya Rai`s character in the film ‘Jeans’ and Tamil film ‘Enthiran’. She has also lent her voice to other Hindi film actresses such as Genelia D’Souza.
Southern megastar Rajinikanth performs a dual role with Deepika in the film. The rest of the cast for the film includes Jackie Shroff and R. Sarathkumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better