Sheena Chohan in Buddhadeb Dasgupta’s next on Tagore
Kolkata: After her dream debut opposite Mammotty in Malayalam blockbuster film `The Train`, Sheena Chohan is all set to star in veteran director Buddhadeb Dasgupta`s ambitious project based on the works of Rabindranath Tagore.
The Hindi movie, which is a tribute to the India`s first Nobel laureate, will see Sheena play the lead in two of the thirteen short Hindi films in the series titled `Mukti` and `Patralekha`.
"This particular project is very close to my heart and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I have always been a great admirer of Rabindranath Tagore and through this short series I will get a chance to showcase some of his best works.
"I am grateful to Buddhadeb Sir for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to work with a director of his stature. It has been a great learning experience for me and it has helped me grow tremendously as an actor," said Sheena in a statement.
The film is set to hit the theatres later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Spike Lee, Gena Rowlands, Debbie Reynolds to receive honorary Oscars
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions