Sheena Chohan in Buddhadeb Dasgupta’s next on Tagore
Kolkata: After her dream debut opposite Mammotty in Malayalam blockbuster film `The Train`, Sheena Chohan is all set to star in veteran director Buddhadeb Dasgupta`s ambitious project based on the works of Rabindranath Tagore.
The Hindi movie, which is a tribute to the India`s first Nobel laureate, will see Sheena play the lead in two of the thirteen short Hindi films in the series titled `Mukti` and `Patralekha`.
"This particular project is very close to my heart and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I have always been a great admirer of Rabindranath Tagore and through this short series I will get a chance to showcase some of his best works.
"I am grateful to Buddhadeb Sir for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to work with a director of his stature. It has been a great learning experience for me and it has helped me grow tremendously as an actor," said Sheena in a statement.
The film is set to hit the theatres later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ Malaysia shoot schedule to start soon
- Megastar Chiranjeevi to star in Telugu remake of 'Kaththi'?
- Makers of ‘Brahmotsavam' spend Rs.3.5 crore for 'sangeet' number!