Shruti disassociates from Tamil-dubbed `D-Day`
Chennai: Actress Shruti Haasan, who was hailed for her brief role in Nikhil Advani`s `D-Day`, said she is disassociating herself from the Tamil-dubbed `Dawood` version as it is being released without her consent.
"This is to inform you all that I am disassociating myself from the release of `D-Day` in Tamil called `Dawood` as it is being done without my consent or approval and is a clear breach of contract," Shruti, who essayed the role of a prostitute in the film, said in a statement.
"In fact, we will be taking a legal action on this issue. As soon as the paperwork is done, I will release the details to the press for further clarification," she further added.
Action spy-thriller `D-Day`, which also featured Arjun Rampal, Irrfan Khan and Huma Qureshi in key roles, is a fictional story about the hunt for Dawood Ibrahim, played by Rishi Kapoor in the film.
Shruti is currently busy shooting for Hindi film Gabbar` with Akshay Kumar and Telugu actioner `Race Gurram` with Allu Arjun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production