Shruti disassociates from Tamil-dubbed `D-Day`
Chennai: Actress Shruti Haasan, who was hailed for her brief role in Nikhil Advani`s `D-Day`, said she is disassociating herself from the Tamil-dubbed `Dawood` version as it is being released without her consent.
"This is to inform you all that I am disassociating myself from the release of `D-Day` in Tamil called `Dawood` as it is being done without my consent or approval and is a clear breach of contract," Shruti, who essayed the role of a prostitute in the film, said in a statement.
"In fact, we will be taking a legal action on this issue. As soon as the paperwork is done, I will release the details to the press for further clarification," she further added.
Action spy-thriller `D-Day`, which also featured Arjun Rampal, Irrfan Khan and Huma Qureshi in key roles, is a fictional story about the hunt for Dawood Ibrahim, played by Rishi Kapoor in the film.
Shruti is currently busy shooting for Hindi film Gabbar` with Akshay Kumar and Telugu actioner `Race Gurram` with Allu Arjun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- 'Raped woman' remark: More trouble for Salman Khan, NCW summons actor on July 8
- Bold and Blunt! This is how Kangana Ranaut reacted to a question about Hrithik Roshan