Soon, a film on Satyajit Ray`s character Shonku
Kolkata: Late filmmaker Satyajit Ray`s son Sandip Ray said on his father`s 92nd birth anniversary Wednesday that he will make a film on Professor Shonku, a character created by his father.
"I will make a film on Professor Shonku. Discussions are going on over the film about the sets that are needed, special effects, and graphics. However, who will play the role of Shonku is yet to be decided," Ray told reporters.
To mark the Oscar-award winning late director`s birthday, a portal on Goopy Gayne, a comic character from the film, `Goopy Gayne Bagha Bayne`, was also launched.
Several people, including film personalities, visited Ray`s residence on Bishop Lefroy Road here to pay their tributes.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also paid her respects to Ray at the state secretariat.
Also, the Bengali director`s five favourite foreign language films - "Bicycle Thieves", "Rashomon" , "Metropolis", "Battleship Potemkin" and "The Passion of Joan of Arc" - are being screened at the Nandan theatre.
To celebrate his father`s birthday, Sandip Ray played Western classical music.
"During his birthdays, it was mandatory for him to listen to it (Western classical)," Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Cho Ramaswamy was a multi-dimensional film personality
- Sridevi posts an old classic pic with Jayalalithaa on Twitter
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters