Soon, a film on Satyajit Ray`s character Shonku
Kolkata: Late filmmaker Satyajit Ray`s son Sandip Ray said on his father`s 92nd birth anniversary Wednesday that he will make a film on Professor Shonku, a character created by his father.
"I will make a film on Professor Shonku. Discussions are going on over the film about the sets that are needed, special effects, and graphics. However, who will play the role of Shonku is yet to be decided," Ray told reporters.
To mark the Oscar-award winning late director`s birthday, a portal on Goopy Gayne, a comic character from the film, `Goopy Gayne Bagha Bayne`, was also launched.
Several people, including film personalities, visited Ray`s residence on Bishop Lefroy Road here to pay their tributes.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also paid her respects to Ray at the state secretariat.
Also, the Bengali director`s five favourite foreign language films - "Bicycle Thieves", "Rashomon" , "Metropolis", "Battleship Potemkin" and "The Passion of Joan of Arc" - are being screened at the Nandan theatre.
To celebrate his father`s birthday, Sandip Ray played Western classical music.
"During his birthdays, it was mandatory for him to listen to it (Western classical)," Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor is trying THIS NEW fad to kick the butt!
- Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' release date OUT!
- Are Indians shifting their focus from gyming to dancing – Click here to read more
- Interesting! Here’s how India women feel about representation of woman in movies
- Priyanka Chopra inspired by ‘Dangerous Woman’ Ariana Grande
- Only ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth can do this – Know what it is
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written