Soumitra, Mithun to be honoured by West Bengal government
Kolkata: Veteran actors Soumitra Chatterjee, Mithun Chakraborty and Supriya Devi will be among 43 film personalities who will be honoured by the West Bengal government July 24, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Wednesday.
July 24 is the death anniversary of legendary Bengali matinee idol Uttam Kumar. Soumitra and Supriya will be given lifetime achievement awards.
The awards will be part of the film awards instituted by the state government from this year, Banerjee said.
Banerjee said Bollywood hero Mithun Chakraborty will be given the Mahanayak Samman, 2012, with Sabitri Chatterjee, Madhabi Mukherjee, Anjana Bhowmick, Sumita Sanyal, Mousumi Chatterjee and Lily Chakraborty being among the actresses slated to receive special awards.
Biswajit Chattopadhyay, Tapas Pal, Prosenjit Chakraborty, Ranjit Mullick will be among the actors who will receive the special awards.
"In all 43 film personalities will be awarded. The number is large this time, as nothing was done to honour them all these years," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's awesome bromance bigger than any award!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody