South Indian actress, friend arrested in cheating case
New Delhi:A 25-year-old south Indian actress and her male friend were today arrested from a south Delhi farmhouse where they were hiding in a bid to evade law in a case of cheating registered in Chennai.
Their six personal security officers, including three ex-servicemen, were also arrested in a joint operation by Delhi Police and Chennai Crime Branch from Khari Farms in Fatehpurberi, a senior police official said.
Leena Maria Paul, who acted in national award winner Mohanlal-starrer `Red Chillies` and other films, and her friend Balaji were allegedly involved in a case registered under sections 420 (cheating), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 406 (breach of trust).
Paul has worked in films like Madras Cafe, Thousands in Goa, Cobra and Red Chillies.
"She was hiding in Delhi along with his friend Balaji alias Chandersekar. Four weapons seized from the PSOs have all India licence obtained from Haryana and Jammu but not endorsed from Delhi licensing branch," the official said.
A case under the relevant section of Arms Act was registered here.
Nine expensive cars and 81 expensive Wrist watches have also been recovered.
"Accused have shifted to present farm house on May 12 and their tenant verification form was also received and under verification process," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production