South Indian actress, friend arrested in cheating case
New Delhi:A 25-year-old south Indian actress and her male friend were today arrested from a south Delhi farmhouse where they were hiding in a bid to evade law in a case of cheating registered in Chennai.
Their six personal security officers, including three ex-servicemen, were also arrested in a joint operation by Delhi Police and Chennai Crime Branch from Khari Farms in Fatehpurberi, a senior police official said.
Leena Maria Paul, who acted in national award winner Mohanlal-starrer `Red Chillies` and other films, and her friend Balaji were allegedly involved in a case registered under sections 420 (cheating), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 406 (breach of trust).
Paul has worked in films like Madras Cafe, Thousands in Goa, Cobra and Red Chillies.
"She was hiding in Delhi along with his friend Balaji alias Chandersekar. Four weapons seized from the PSOs have all India licence obtained from Haryana and Jammu but not endorsed from Delhi licensing branch," the official said.
A case under the relevant section of Arms Act was registered here.
Nine expensive cars and 81 expensive Wrist watches have also been recovered.
"Accused have shifted to present farm house on May 12 and their tenant verification form was also received and under verification process," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My personal life does not affect my work: Pulkit Samrat
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- Parineeti Chopra to star in YRF's next 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone very much in love – These videos are proofs
- Watch Filmfare 2016 red carpet special: Amitabh Bachchan, Harshaali Malhotra, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone elevated the night!
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Tamannaah excited, nervous to romance Prabhudheva in her next
- Chennai singer Shan Johnson passes away
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power