Southern edition of Filmfare Awards to take place July 12
Chennai: The 61st Idea Filmfare awards, south edition, will take place here July 12 in the presence of luminaries from Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam industries.
To be held at the Nehru Indoor Stadium of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu, the event will celebrate and honour the best talent from all the four southern film industries.
"The Idea Filmfare awards South gives us a unique opportunity to connect with our millions of consumers with innovative marketing and engagement programs," Rajat Mukarji, chief corporate affairs officer, Idea Cellular, said in a statement.
The first ever Filmfare awards (South) were held at the prestigious Kalaivanar Arangam here and the venue was then shifted to the distinctive Music Academy.
Initially, only Tamil and Telugu films were considered for the awards, but Malayalam and Kannada films became part of the event in 1966 and 1969, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production