Sreeram Chandra shed 15kg for cinematic debut
Chennai: Singer-turned-actor Sreeram Chandra, who is making his cinematic debut with Telugu romantic-drama `Prema Geema Jantanai` (PGJ), has lost 15 kg for his role. He says it was challenging, but his passion for acting inspired him.
Sreeram was the winner of season five of singing reality show `Indian Idol`.
"Shedding weight for the film was extremely challenging because I have never lost so much weight in my life. I somehow managed to lose 15 kg for the film for the simple reason that I was very passionate about becoming an actor," Sreeram said.
He said acting was always on his mind.
"I enjoy singing, but I always aspired to be an actor. I still remember how many scripts I turned down before finally saying yes to PGJ. I`m happy being part of this film. Besides undergoing acting workshop, I also enrolled for kickboxing classes," he added.
The film also features Priyanka Chopra`s cousin Barbie Handa. It is directed by debutant Subbu R.V.
Produced by M Bhasker and D.B Bhasker, the film is slated to release soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Christmas celebrations back home
- Shahenshah at 70: The Big B Reinvention!
- As Beatles comes alive, so does the India connect!
- United Art Fair 2012: An overwhelming artistry celebration
- Akshay is perfect as Lord Krishna: Paresh Rawal
- In Bollywood you do not retire but simply expire!
- “Lord Krishna’s character has shades of grey”
- Salman bhai loved ‘Mashallah’, was excited about it: Wajid Khan
- Bollywood is like Indian culture; it is all-accepting: Rahul Ram
- Pakistani filmmaker keen to make film on cross-border social issues
- Karisma cried after watching 'Heroine': Kareena Kapoor
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490