Sreeram Chandra shed 15kg for cinematic debut
Chennai: Singer-turned-actor Sreeram Chandra, who is making his cinematic debut with Telugu romantic-drama `Prema Geema Jantanai` (PGJ), has lost 15 kg for his role. He says it was challenging, but his passion for acting inspired him.
Sreeram was the winner of season five of singing reality show `Indian Idol`.
"Shedding weight for the film was extremely challenging because I have never lost so much weight in my life. I somehow managed to lose 15 kg for the film for the simple reason that I was very passionate about becoming an actor," Sreeram said.
He said acting was always on his mind.
"I enjoy singing, but I always aspired to be an actor. I still remember how many scripts I turned down before finally saying yes to PGJ. I`m happy being part of this film. Besides undergoing acting workshop, I also enrolled for kickboxing classes," he added.
The film also features Priyanka Chopra`s cousin Barbie Handa. It is directed by debutant Subbu R.V.
Produced by M Bhasker and D.B Bhasker, the film is slated to release soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry