Sripriya to direct bilingual remake of `22 Female Kottayam`
Chennai: Veteran actress Sripriya, a popular face in south Indian cinema of the 1980s, will helm the Tamil-Telugu remake of critically acclaimed Malayalam revenge-drama ‘22 Female Kottayam’. Nithya Menon has been roped in to play the lead role in this women-centric film.
"The film is set to go on the floors in July and is slated for a December release," said a statement.
Nithya Menon will reprise the role of Rima Kallingal in the remake. Rima won the Kerala state award for best actress for her performance in the original movie.
"22 Female Kottayam" is about the travails of a nurse who seeks revenge on her tormentors.
"Having worked in strong women-oriented films, Sripriya was so intrigued by the film that she decided to remake it," added the statement.
For now, the makers are finalising the rest of the cast for the remake.
As an actress, Sripriya is known for her performance in films such as ‘Aval Oru Thodar Kathai’, ‘Anthuleni Katha’ and ‘Aame Katha’. She has starred in over 200 films in a career spanning a little over two decades. She has directed films earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Courteney Cox defends Jennifer Aniston amid Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt's divorce
- Cheers! Your evening drink may work as anti-depressant
- Justin Bieber pursuing Pamela Anderson
- Love is a magical addiction: Ranbir Kapoor
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017