Sripriya to direct bilingual remake of `22 Female Kottayam`
Chennai: Veteran actress Sripriya, a popular face in south Indian cinema of the 1980s, will helm the Tamil-Telugu remake of critically acclaimed Malayalam revenge-drama ‘22 Female Kottayam’. Nithya Menon has been roped in to play the lead role in this women-centric film.
"The film is set to go on the floors in July and is slated for a December release," said a statement.
Nithya Menon will reprise the role of Rima Kallingal in the remake. Rima won the Kerala state award for best actress for her performance in the original movie.
"22 Female Kottayam" is about the travails of a nurse who seeks revenge on her tormentors.
"Having worked in strong women-oriented films, Sripriya was so intrigued by the film that she decided to remake it," added the statement.
For now, the makers are finalising the rest of the cast for the remake.
As an actress, Sripriya is known for her performance in films such as ‘Aval Oru Thodar Kathai’, ‘Anthuleni Katha’ and ‘Aame Katha’. She has starred in over 200 films in a career spanning a little over two decades. She has directed films earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These cheesy pick-up lines will surely help you impress your crush!
- Kay Kay Menon's next based on Indian Emergency era
- Aamir Khan praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- DJ Afrojack is coming to 'Rock the house' in 'Tomorrowland 2016'! Details inside
- Women still banned in this ancient Greek monastery, but why?– Read more
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56