Sripriya to direct bilingual remake of `22 Female Kottayam`
Chennai: Veteran actress Sripriya, a popular face in south Indian cinema of the 1980s, will helm the Tamil-Telugu remake of critically acclaimed Malayalam revenge-drama ‘22 Female Kottayam’. Nithya Menon has been roped in to play the lead role in this women-centric film.
"The film is set to go on the floors in July and is slated for a December release," said a statement.
Nithya Menon will reprise the role of Rima Kallingal in the remake. Rima won the Kerala state award for best actress for her performance in the original movie.
"22 Female Kottayam" is about the travails of a nurse who seeks revenge on her tormentors.
"Having worked in strong women-oriented films, Sripriya was so intrigued by the film that she decided to remake it," added the statement.
For now, the makers are finalising the rest of the cast for the remake.
As an actress, Sripriya is known for her performance in films such as ‘Aval Oru Thodar Kathai’, ‘Anthuleni Katha’ and ‘Aame Katha’. She has starred in over 200 films in a career spanning a little over two decades. She has directed films earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case