Superstar Prosenjit to direct a film soon
Kolkata: Planning to direct a film, over three decades into his career, Bengali superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee has said it would happen after two ongoing projects.
"I am planning to make a film under my production banner. A film which will portray my vision of life. My script is ready but the post-production can happen only after Parichay is released and Jatismar completed," the Moner manush actor Prosenjit told media here.
"The film, which will resonate with the lyrical pattern of rains dwelling on nature, will bring forth my love for nature," Prosenjit said and started to talk about his next film ‘Parichay’.
“ ‘Parichay’, which acts as the bridge between New Castle and Kolkata talking about relationship and distance can be related by all kinds of audience," he said.
"In the film I essay the non-conformist father`s role of Misti, a non-preachy, friendly father having no qualms with dating friends, live-in-relationships, wear flashy clothes, until you are honest and ethically strong. It has had its two-third shoot done in Newcastle but Kolkata haunts in the mindscape of characters and comes alive with its sound and space at the end," he said.
Praising the simple, straight but fresh and contemporary narrative style of director Rupali Guha, daughter of Basu Chatterjee, Prosenjit said, "I don`t comprehend when people refer to multi-layers in their films. I can find only one layer and if there is more than one layer that is for the audience to infer."
Prosenjit, who recalled how Rupali briefed him about his role in ‘Parichay’ in between pre-production sessions for period piece Moner Manush and extracted his consent.
"I again understood how big a star Prosenjit is when we shot in the outdoors in College Street area as he would be invariably mobbed and we had a trying time. In Newcastle we could move around freely in outdoors in between shots but not so here," Rupali said.
(Pic courtesy: Facebook)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Prabhas, Rana Daggubati’s ‘Baahubali 2’: And the countdown begins now!
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- ''Baahubali', 67 years later, has beaten the magic created by 'Mughal-e-Azam' on screen'
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic