Sushmita Sen to feature in Bengali film
Mumbai: Finally, the Bengali project that Sushmita Sen has been craving to do, has materialised. Srijit Mukherjee, who started his career with the hugely successful Bangla film ‘Autograph’ and then went on to make other milestones like ‘Hemlock Society’ and ‘Jaatishwar’, has signed the former beauty queen for his next film.
Srijit said: "It`s a film called `Nirbaak` (speechless). It compresses together four love stories connected by the theme of silence. The stories are intertwined and connected by Sushmita`s character."
Besides Sushmita, who features in all four stories, ‘Nirbaak’ stars Jisshu Sengupta and Ritwick Chakraborty.
Sushmita has been wanting to do a Bengali film for a very long time.
She did a Bengali film, Mahesh Manjrekar`s ‘It Was Raining That Night’ in 2005, a remake of the director`s ‘Astitva’, but it never got released.
More recently, Sushmita was all set to star in Rupali Chatterjee`s ‘Jodi Emon Hoto’. That project is now as good as shelved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments
- Pawan Kalyan, Shruti Haasan's 'Katamarayudu' trailer packs quite a punch! - Watch