Sushmita Sen to feature in Bengali film
Mumbai: Finally, the Bengali project that Sushmita Sen has been craving to do, has materialised. Srijit Mukherjee, who started his career with the hugely successful Bangla film ‘Autograph’ and then went on to make other milestones like ‘Hemlock Society’ and ‘Jaatishwar’, has signed the former beauty queen for his next film.
Srijit said: "It`s a film called `Nirbaak` (speechless). It compresses together four love stories connected by the theme of silence. The stories are intertwined and connected by Sushmita`s character."
Besides Sushmita, who features in all four stories, ‘Nirbaak’ stars Jisshu Sengupta and Ritwick Chakraborty.
Sushmita has been wanting to do a Bengali film for a very long time.
She did a Bengali film, Mahesh Manjrekar`s ‘It Was Raining That Night’ in 2005, a remake of the director`s ‘Astitva’, but it never got released.
More recently, Sushmita was all set to star in Rupali Chatterjee`s ‘Jodi Emon Hoto’. That project is now as good as shelved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside