Sushmita Sen to feature in Bengali film
Mumbai: Finally, the Bengali project that Sushmita Sen has been craving to do, has materialised. Srijit Mukherjee, who started his career with the hugely successful Bangla film ‘Autograph’ and then went on to make other milestones like ‘Hemlock Society’ and ‘Jaatishwar’, has signed the former beauty queen for his next film.
Srijit said: "It`s a film called `Nirbaak` (speechless). It compresses together four love stories connected by the theme of silence. The stories are intertwined and connected by Sushmita`s character."
Besides Sushmita, who features in all four stories, ‘Nirbaak’ stars Jisshu Sengupta and Ritwick Chakraborty.
Sushmita has been wanting to do a Bengali film for a very long time.
She did a Bengali film, Mahesh Manjrekar`s ‘It Was Raining That Night’ in 2005, a remake of the director`s ‘Astitva’, but it never got released.
More recently, Sushmita was all set to star in Rupali Chatterjee`s ‘Jodi Emon Hoto’. That project is now as good as shelved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hilarious video alert! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh play table tennis
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case