Swarna Thomas out of danger, recovering
Kochi: Malayalam actress Swarna Thomas who suffered severe injuries after falling from her fourth floor apartment here recently is out of danger and has been shifted to the general ward, her father told IANS Saturday.
She might have to undergo surgery for a damaged back soon, Thomas, her father added.
"Her backbone was damaged due to the fall and she is likely to undergo a surgery. She is conscious now and has been shifted to the general ward from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)," Swarna`s father said.
Swarna was down with fever a few days back, when the incident occurred. She was walking in the balcony, felt dizzy, slipped and fell down, her father said.
"Since she didn`t suffer injuries to the head, she is out of danger. However, she needs at least six to eight months` rest to recover," he added.
A dancer by profession, Swarna gained popularity through TV show ‘Super Dance’.
As an actress, she is popular for Malayalam films such as ‘Flat No 4B’ and ‘Queue’. She was set to make her Tamil debut with upcoming film ‘Vetri Selvan’.
At the time of the accident, she had been engaged in the shooting of Malayalam romantic-comedy ‘Buddy’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production