Tamannaah proud of her southern co-stars
Chennai: Actress Tamannaah Bhatia, who forayed into Hindi filmdom with ‘Himmatwala’, is happy for all the southern actors, including the latest Dhanush, who have come into Bollywood and made a name for themselves.
Dhanush, with whom Tamannaah worked in the 2009 Tamil action comedy ‘Padikathavan’, is already receiving rave reviews for his Hindi debut ‘Raanjhanaa’.
"When I see Dhanush, Shruti (Haasan) or Ileana (D`Cruz)...they are all shining, and I feel so happy. They are all my friends and I have met them. It`s really nice to see them doing well and I am very proud of them," the actress said here at the press conference of the 60th Idea Filmfare Awards 2012 recently.
"I really wish them a great career ahead because they are very good actors and very deserving," added Tammannaah, who made her acting debut in 2005.
While Shruti Haasan has ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya’ and ‘D-Day’ in her Bollywood kitty, Ileana D`cruz stepped into Bollywood with the hugely successful ‘Barfi!’. She will next be seen in ‘Phata Poster Nikla Hero’.
Meanwhile, Tamannaah is glad how Indian cinema is becoming global.
"It`s not about south films or Hindi films or English films. Now films are being looked at differently. Everybody around world is exposed to cinema, so we are in a very beautiful phase where an exchange of actors is happening," she added.
As of now, Tamannaah also has two Hindi films in her kitty. One is opposite Akshay Kumar, and another with Saif Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry