Tamil actress Sripriya donates Rs.23 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Chennai: Yesteryear Tamil actress Sripriya Rajkumar, who has turned director with upcoming drama ‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’, has announced a contribution of Rs.23 lakh towards the Uttarakhand relief fund.
"Towards Uttarakhand relief fund, Sripriya and her husband-producer Rajkumar Sethupathy donated Rs.11 lakh and Rs.10 lakh, respectively. Sripriya`s daughter Sneha and son Nagarjun have donated Rs.1 lakh each, thus making the total of Rs.23 lakh," said a statement.
A popular actress of 1980s and 1990s, Sripriya has acted in over 200 films and a few TV serials. She is best known for her performance in films such as ‘Aval Oru Thodar Kathai’, ‘Aame Katha’ and ‘Billa’.
She is making her directorial debut with ‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’, the Tamil remake of critically acclaimed Malayalam film ‘22 Female Kottayam’.
The film, which was launched recently, features Nithya Menon, Krish Sathar, Naresh, Kovai Sarla, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Vidyullekha Raman and Anjali Rao.
‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’ is being produced by Sripriya`s husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport
- ‘Baahubali’ director SS Rajamuli has THIS Indian Epic trilogy in the pipeline?