Tamil actress Sripriya donates Rs.23 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Chennai: Yesteryear Tamil actress Sripriya Rajkumar, who has turned director with upcoming drama ‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’, has announced a contribution of Rs.23 lakh towards the Uttarakhand relief fund.
"Towards Uttarakhand relief fund, Sripriya and her husband-producer Rajkumar Sethupathy donated Rs.11 lakh and Rs.10 lakh, respectively. Sripriya`s daughter Sneha and son Nagarjun have donated Rs.1 lakh each, thus making the total of Rs.23 lakh," said a statement.
A popular actress of 1980s and 1990s, Sripriya has acted in over 200 films and a few TV serials. She is best known for her performance in films such as ‘Aval Oru Thodar Kathai’, ‘Aame Katha’ and ‘Billa’.
She is making her directorial debut with ‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’, the Tamil remake of critically acclaimed Malayalam film ‘22 Female Kottayam’.
The film, which was launched recently, features Nithya Menon, Krish Sathar, Naresh, Kovai Sarla, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Vidyullekha Raman and Anjali Rao.
‘Malani 22 Palayamkottai’ is being produced by Sripriya`s husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production