Tamil cinema likely to cap promotional expenditure
Chennai: As a gesture of fair play for films of all sizes and budgets, Tamil Film Producers Council`s head Keyar says that soon they may put a cap of Rs.40 lakh on film promotions.
He had raised the issue at the audio launch of Tamil `Snehavin Kadhalargal`.
"We have been thinking about implementing a cap on promotional activities of films. Very soon we plan to restrict the promotional costs of any films to Rs.40 lakh, irrespective of its budget. So, there will be a fair play for all kind of films in the industry," Keyar said.
"Big budget films pump in crores for promotional activities, whereas small films can`t cough up so much money. This is affecting the smaller films that release alongside star films. We feel there should be fairness when it comes to promotions," he said.
Budget restrain will boost filmmakers` creativity.
"I think it will help films to promote creatively. There are mediums beyond television and print to be explored and I feel this will give them that opportunity," he said.
He discussed the idea with other producers.
"They feel this could be implemented. However, we have to take unanimous decision to implement it. Therefore, this will take a while," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry