Tamil cinema likely to cap promotional expenditure
Chennai: As a gesture of fair play for films of all sizes and budgets, Tamil Film Producers Council`s head Keyar says that soon they may put a cap of Rs.40 lakh on film promotions.
He had raised the issue at the audio launch of Tamil `Snehavin Kadhalargal`.
"We have been thinking about implementing a cap on promotional activities of films. Very soon we plan to restrict the promotional costs of any films to Rs.40 lakh, irrespective of its budget. So, there will be a fair play for all kind of films in the industry," Keyar said.
"Big budget films pump in crores for promotional activities, whereas small films can`t cough up so much money. This is affecting the smaller films that release alongside star films. We feel there should be fairness when it comes to promotions," he said.
Budget restrain will boost filmmakers` creativity.
"I think it will help films to promote creatively. There are mediums beyond television and print to be explored and I feel this will give them that opportunity," he said.
He discussed the idea with other producers.
"They feel this could be implemented. However, we have to take unanimous decision to implement it. Therefore, this will take a while," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Get fit in style'! Shraddha Kapoor stuns in casual too!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone, Taapsee Pannu – Stars who donned the purple colour in elan!
- Irrfan Khan's 'Madaari' release date postponed, will hit screens on July 15!
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56